Conan Exiles launches on Xbox Game Preview on August 16th, The Frozen North free expansion update hits PC and Xbox One same day
On August 16th, Conan Exiles comes crushing onto the Xbox One platform as it finally enters Game Preview (the equivalent of Early Access on PC).
Included on day one is also the brand new free expansion update The Frozen North which introduces tons of new content, features, and expands the game world by 70%.
This release marks the start of the second phase of Conan Exiles’ Early Access phase.
Funcom revealed the first ever live gameplay of Conan Exiles on Xbox One via Mixer.com:
Funcom today also revealed the price point for Conan Exiles on Xbox Game Preview: 34.99 USD. The game is currently available in 39 countries with pricing customized across various currencies. The price point will increase once Conan />
“We are thrilled to be opening up the gates of Conan Exiles to gamers on Xbox One,” says Funcom Head of Games, Lawrence Poe. “This version of Conan Exiles benefits from the six months of content updates, improvements, and enhancements done to the PC version during our first phase of Early Access. The launch of Xbox Game Preview paired with the release of The Frozen North expansion update marks the beginning of the second phase of Early Access for us, and the game is now bigger and better than ever. There is still work to do before full launch, but we are on track and very excited about what the future holds for Conan Exiles.”
Conan Exile – The Frozen North features:
• A HUGE, NEW LAND: The world of Conan Exiles is now 70% bigger! Climb towering mountains, explore deep forests, fight your way through massive new dungeons, and discover new people, cultures, and settlements.
• WEATHER AND TEMPERATURE: In the north, rain and snow can make you freeze to death and in the desert, the burning sun can be equally deadly. Make sure you dress for the weather to stay cool or warm. Camp fires, torches, drinks, and more can also help you control your temperature.
• NEW BUILDINGS AND RESOURCES: Harvest new resources such as star metal, black ice, and more. Build new homes and entire cities with all new building pieces and furniture, and make sure to use the right materials to either keep your home warm or cool.
• NEW RELIGION AND AVATAR: Dedicate your work and worship to Ymir, the Lord of Storm and War. Summon his avatar and use his giant battle-axe to crush your enemies!
• NEW ENEMIES: Encounter towering Frost Giants, hungry wolves, aggressive mammoths, and many other new enemies. You must also go head to head against new dungeon bosses such as Tyros the Deathbringer.
• BREWING AND COOKING: These two new crafting systems lets you brew different drinks and cook up a variety of juicy meals. Make mead, wine, absinth, bug soup, demon blood sausage, and more. You can even trap fish and practice beekeeping!
• BETTER THAN EVER: The expansion update brings with it a host of improvements such as better combat, better artificial intelligence on human enemies, and more. This is in addition to the 28 updates worth of additions rolled out over the past six months including climbing, siege equipment, avatar defenses, dying system, and much more!
• NEW ARMOR AND WEAPONS: Find and craft three new material types: Star Metal, Black Ice, and Hardened Steel. Equip many new kinds of equipment, including the Vanir Fur Armor that will protect you from both cold temperatures and enemy strikes!